Friday 1 February 2013

THE FIRST CHAPTER.

Welcome to my blog...

I'm Annabel and when deciding what to do with my blog I decided to look no further than my own home and family.

This is my blog dedicated to the recipes and cooking that I personally love, of Mrs Maureen Marsh also known as my Nan.

My Nan has been THE major influence in my approach to food and cooking. From a very young age I was cooking with Nan and Mum for fun and would generally help out in family mealtimes, or trying to cause havoc, depending on what age I was. As I got older I wanted to learn the recipes Nan would make with me and so she taught me from scratch, every step of the process, even down to perfecting the ingredients. 

I want to explore the ways in which my Nan developed her cooking and I have been given the actual recipes themselves...

Here are many recipes and lovely dishes I will try out and some traditional West Country and Irish cookbooks which my Nan adores.

I feel food is a huge part in the interaction of family, the social bonding over the cup of tea and biscuit is simply just a mere part of our human daily lives. We need food to survive and we use food as a tool to please and share with loved ones.

So here is to the next instalment to the blog.....stay tuned.


No comments:

Post a Comment